From: Amit Gupta (
Date: Mon Apr 03 2017 - 04:16:44 CDT

render list helped. Now i can render images using tk console command 'render TachyonLoptiXInternal filename'. However when i try getting .dat file it gives error:
Info) Rendering current scene to 'abc.dat' ...
ERROR) Unrecognized image file extension, writing Targa file.
while :
'render Tachyon filename.dat' works perfectly.
Also can i not invoke OptiX rendering through shell? as in directly using /usr/local/lib/vmd/tachyon_LINUXAMD64 binary