From: John Stone (
Date: Fri Mar 31 2017 - 13:29:29 CDT

  Did you recently upgrade your Mac to El Capitan? Did VMD work
immediately prior to the upgrade? If you've never run VMD on this
machine before, then another possibility is that the installation of
another package has modified the MacOS system-wide library search paths
and that this is creating problems for VMD due to a conflict with one
of the shared libraries that VMD is built with. What do you see if you
run these commands:
  printenv | grep LD_
  printenv | grep FRAME

  John Stone

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 09:57:41AM -0400, Janakiraman Balachandran wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to open VMD 1.9.2 in El Capitan, the window briefly appears and
> it throws a segmentation fault as shown below and it disappears
> Applications/VMD line 7: 18872
> Segmentation fault: 11¬ "$p/../Resources/" $*
> There was a similar issue in the previous OS X version (Yosemite) which
> got fixed when I added the following to the .bashrc
> However this does not appear to work for the current OS-X version. Please
> let me know if there is a fix to solve this problem.
> Best Regards
> Ram Balachandran
> [1][IMG]¬ [2][IMG]
> References
> Visible links
> 1.
> 2.

University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801           Phone: 217-244-3349