From: Norman Geist (
Date: Mon Nov 30 2015 - 23:51:22 CST

There are several options to save coordinate/structure files out of VMD.

VMD Main->Save Coordinates (Select molecule before in VMD Main with mouse)

Or from TCL console:

set molid 0

set desiredframe 0

animate write gro mynew.gro beg $desiredframe end desiredframe skip 1 $molid

Or from TCL console 2:

set molid 0

set desiredframe 0

set selection „all“

set a [atomselect $molid „$selection“ frame $desiredframe]

$a writegro mynew.gro

$a delete

Good luck

Norman Geist