From: Payal Chatterjee (
Date: Fri Sep 25 2015 - 17:32:25 CDT

Dear Admin

I am a graduate student at the Western University of Health Sciences. I am
unable to call VMD from the cluster, from any system/laptop, even after
installing the X11 application! Everyone else in my lab can however, easily
do the same! Could you help me find out what is the problem? When I type
vmd on the terminal, after logging in into the cluster, all I see is the
following script, whereas no VMD window pops up:

id: cannot find name for group ID 1019
[payal_at_headnode ~]$ vmd
id: cannot find name for group ID 1019
Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.9.1 (February 1, 2012)
Info) Email questions and bug reports to
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 8 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 30592MB (95%)
Warning) Detected a mismatch between CUDA runtime and GPU driver
Warning) Check to make sure that GPU drivers are up to date.
Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
Info) Dynamically loaded 2 plugins in directory:
Info) /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUXAMD64/molfile
/usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts/tcl8.5 /usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts
/usr/local/lib/lib /Projects/johns/tcl/8.5.6/lib_LINUXAMD64/lib
/usr/local/lib/vmd/scripts/vmd /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUXAMD64/tcl
/usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl /home/lyna/vmd_diffusion
diffusion_coefficient_gui:diffusion_coefficient_tk {Analysis/Diffusion
Coefficient Tool}

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences
Pomona, CA