From: John Stone (
Date: Thu Apr 02 2015 - 11:15:28 CDT

  If you look at the solvate plugin graphical interface, you will
see that at the bottom of the interface, there is a check box for
"use nonstandard solvent", and several text fields that you must
set to provide a small template solvent box, with associated
PDB, PSF, and topology files, the template box side length, and the
atom selection that will properly select the template solvent.
This should described in more detail in the online
solvate plugin documentation.

  John Stone

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 06:58:01AM +0000, Kin Leung CHU wrote:
> I am trying to solvate my system on VMD, but it happens that only TIP3P is
> available readily in VMD with the solvate plugin.
> In my case, I am somehow required to use the TIP4P water to solvate my
> system.
> Is there any easy way to solvate my system using TIP4P water just like the
> solvate plugin does?
> Thanks a lot.
> Kelvin Chu

University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801           Phone: 217-244-3349