From: John Stone (
Date: Tue Aug 05 2014 - 21:05:56 CDT

  VMD is more optimized on Linux than on Windows, and particularly with
respect to using large physical memory (e.g. your 16GB). The Linux versions
of VMD also have a number of technical features that the Windows versions
don't have at the moment. The Windows versions will catch up, but it takes

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 11:45:31PM +0200, Can Ali Tomruk wrote:
> Hi,
> My PC has two NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN graphic cards, an Intel i7-3770K
> CPU and 16 GB of RAM. Would I gain performance a substantial performance
> boost from installing a Linux OS and running VMD Linux 64-bit instead of
> my current Window version?
> Kind regards
> Can Ali Tomruk, Denmark
> [1][IMG] This email is free from viruses and malware because [2]avast!
> Antivirus protection is active.
> References
> Visible links
> 1.
> 2.

University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801           Phone: 217-244-3349