From: Axel Kohlmeyer (
Date: Wed Jul 09 2014 - 10:15:29 CDT

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 7:35 AM, Vlastimil Zíma <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> does anybody know how to contribute to VMD? I have found several minor bugs
> in last years, but I never report them since I never find out how to do so.
> I haven't found any document about contribution other than sparse notes in
> FAQ.
> I'd like to know
> * How do I find if bug was already reported?

near impossible.

> * How to report bug?

send a bug report to

> * How to check that my fix didn't break anything else? Are there any tests
> available?

depends on what kind of fix this is.

> * How to share a patch?

send an e-mail to

> * Is there any official repository with VMD source code in git or other
> modern VCS?

VMD is (still) managed in CVS repository. a read-only version of that
is available. please note the licensing conditions of VMD, which put
restrictions on how the sources can be "exported".

> Thanks in advance
> Vlastik

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer