From: Rohan Mehta (
Date: Fri Jun 27 2014 - 05:39:53 CDT

Hello Samuele,

1. There is slider-bar to control the animation speed at the bottom of the
"VMD-Main" window.
2. As for the animate command, I think it works at the fastest possible
speed of your Computer System. If you want to slow it down, then you can do

Run the 'animate' command frame-by-frame, in a loop (this way, you can even
choose which frames to animate and which frames to skip). And after every
frame, give a "pause" of your desired amount of time. See the list of
commands for 'animate' here

Rohan Mehta.

On 27 June 2014 15:08, Samuele Salis <> wrote:

> Hallo everyone!
> I wonder which analytical function (if someone exists) is used in the
> animate speed n function in text command.
> I know the argument n of the function is a real between 0 and 1 and it
> grows roughly exponentially as a function of n.
> I was trying to fit the curve, but I didn't find the right analytical
> function.
> Does someone know the analytical function used in vmd to change the
> speed using animate speed n?
> Thanks,
> Samuele

3rd Year Undergraduate Student
Integrated M.Sc.(Hons.) Physics + B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) - Pilani, Pilani Campus
*Phone:*  +91 8058437073