From: Rohan Mehta (
Date: Thu Jun 26 2014 - 04:38:40 CDT

Hello everyone!

I have made a C-code to count number of trimers, tetramers,..., *n*-mers
etc. for a water-system. I have considered dimers as building blocks for
any such *n*-mer. My program of getting dimer-pairs is written in Tcl.
However, the program to count *n*-mers is written in C (mainly because it
involves use of Graph Theory). Therefore I am not able to make a Tcl script
that can be used in VMD.

Is there any way we can bridge/patch C programs with Tcl shell of VMD? In
other words, is there any way we can run the C program for VMD?

Thanks in advance.

Rohan Mehta.

3rd Year Undergraduate Student
Integrated M.Sc.(Hons.) Physics + B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) - Pilani, Pilani Campus
*Phone:*  +91 8058437073