From: Axel Kohlmeyer (
Date: Tue Jun 17 2014 - 01:02:54 CDT

On Jun 16, 2014 10:26 PM, "Monoj Mon Kalita" <> wrote:
> Dear all
> I was looking for the .vmdrc file in my installation directory, but
couldn't find it anywhere. I have read that if there is no .vmdrc file then
VMD uses a default file. So could you please suggest me how to solve this

Just create such a file with the command :

menu main on

And take it from there...
Also search the mailing list archives for previous questions and answers on
the same subject.

 Anyhow I need to find that .vmdrc or the default file to add some command.
I am working in a linux computer with VMD version 1.9.1