From: John Stone (
Date: Fri Feb 21 2014 - 10:08:16 CST

  Have a look at the sscache script, which does modify the
secondary structure assignments (by updating them with cached values
from previous computed runs):
You want to use an atom selection to do what you're trying to do:
  set sel [atomselect top "resid 10 to 38"]
  $sel set structure H
  $sel delete

  John Stone

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 02:46:02PM +0100, Beat Meier wrote:
> I am try to change the secondary structure assignment in vmd.
> Following the receipy on the FAQ page, I tried
> vmd > structure 2 {resid 10 to 38} helix
> and get the error message.
> invalid command name "structure"
> what am I doing wrongly?
> Beat

University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801           Phone: 217-244-3349