From: oguz gurbulak (gurbulakoguz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2012 - 00:59:23 CDT
I tried to run vmd with "vmd -dispdev text" command in terminal but again nothing happened and I couldn't open vmd main window. vmd was installed but I couldn't find how to open it. Should I install a different version of vmd for a different platform like "Linux PowerPC (64-bit) Text-mode" ? or Should I write a different command to run vmd in terminal ? What do you recommend ? How can I solve this problem ?
Thanks for the help.
We recommend that all users upgrade to VMD 1.9.1
* Source Code
* LINUX OpenGL, CUDA (Linux (32-bit, RHEL4 or later) with CUDA)
* LINUX_64 OpenGL, CUDA (Linux (64-bit Intel/AMD x86) with CUDA) (my choice)
* LINUX PPC64 Text-mode (Linux PowerPC (64-bit) Text-mode)
* MacOS X OpenGL, CUDA (32-bit Intel x86) (Apple MacOS-X 10.5.x or later with CUDA)
* MacOS X OpenGL (32-bit Intel x86) (Apple MacOS-X 10.5.x or later)
* MacOS X OpenGL (PowerPC) (Apple MacOS-X 10.4.7 or later)
* SOLARISX86_64 OpenGL (Sun Solaris 10 (64-bit x86) with OpenGL)
* Windows OpenGL, CUDA (Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit) with OpenGL and CUDA)
* Windows OpenGL (Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit) using OpenGL)
* Unofficial (unsupported) VMD builds (Experimental builds for MacOS X)
From: John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
To: oguz gurbulak <gurbulakoguz_at_yahoo.com>
Cc: "vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu" <vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: vmd-l: vmd installation problem
What happens if you run it like this:
vmd -dispdev text
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 07:54:16AM -0700, oguz gurbulak wrote:
> Dear VMD users,
> I successfully installed vmd-1.9.1.bin.LINUXAMD64.opengl.tar version to
> Linux 64 bit Rock cluster. But when I typed a**vmda** in terminal, vmd
> program couldna**t start. Vmd appeared to work but VMD Main window
> didna**t open. I also didna**t get any error message after I typed
> a**vmda** . How can I solve this problem ? Could you please help me to
> solve this problem ?
> Thank you very much for your attention.
> Best regards.
NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/ Phone: 217-244-3349
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/ Fax: 217-244-6078
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Tue Dec 31 2013 - 23:22:14 CST